Friday, December 12, 2014

It's a Wrap 2


Home Chic Home

Well, I did it! All the presents are bought and wrapped and ready to go under the tree. I cannot believe that for once I am actually ahead of the game. As promised, I am following up my It's a Wrap post with my own gift wrapping results. 

Santa is alive and well in our house so all gifts from Santa are wrapped in special Santa paper and adorned with a Santa gift tag. Curling ribbon is also used to keep them separate and distinct from the non-Santa presents. It is also important that they have special Santa tags. I found these adorable free printable gift tags at Sugar Bee Crafts. To make identifying each child's gifts easy, my son's gifts are wrapped in blue paper and my daughter's in pink. 


Home Chic Home

As for the non-Santa presents, all manner of wrapping papers are used. I always use fabric ribbon to decorate the presents because I love how it looks and it is easy to do. Candy cane stripes and dark green ribbon on this gift shout Merry Christmas!


Home Chic Home

I used purple ribbon paired with a silver wire ribbon to give a sparkle to the purple penguin paper. Just as cute as the girl who will receive it.


Home Chic Home

Simple green paper is finished with a plaid bow and bell to add some holiday jingle to this package.


Home Chic Home

Gift bags can be boring. Silver and red tissue paper and a sparkly red wire ribbon give this peppermint candy bag some style.

Home Chic Home

I layered red polka dotted paper over the striped one for a little added flair. A green grosgrain ribbon and floral pick complete the packaging. This paper is actually double sided. The stripes are on one side and the polka dots on the other. The same is true for the blue Santa paper which is white with candy canes on the other side. Not only do I get two for one but the paper is extra thick so it lays nicely and resists tearing.

Home Chic Home

Chalkboard is all the rage right now. I love this chalkboard inspired wrapping paper. The red, white and black are not traditional holiday colors but it looks amazing when paired with red and silver ribbon. The gift tag completes the look.


Home Chic Home


The holidays are around the corner. Even if wrapping gifts is not one of your favorite tasks, making them pretty will make you feel like it was worth the effort.

Happy Holidays!






No comments:

Post a Comment