Dreamy Bedrooms

Now that my desk is in my bedroom I see everything I want to change about it. In fact, other than the wall color, I want to change everything about it. While sitting here writing this blog, I am day dreaming about what I would do to this space if I could start all over. In a perfect world, I would break through the wall that is our closet and expand our room into the space over the garage. I would add a large bathroom and walk in closet. Alas, that is not to be. So, I will focus instead on updating my current space.

This, as I have posted about in the past, has lead me to thinking about what style I would like. Traditionally, our master bedroom has lacked any sort of style. It is always the room that gets the least attention. Although it is  "decorated" it is not necessarily what I would choose if I were my own client.

Should I go rustic, feminine, glamorous? The possibilities are endless. These are some bedrooms that give me inspiration on what direction I may want to go.

I love everything about this space. The wallpaper, lamp, bed, furniture and bedding. The mixture of color and pattern is bold but restful at the same time. The navy, green, tan and white are an unexpected but classic color palette.

Luxe Addition

Gray and gold are a unique pairing but they look amazing in this space. Paired with linen and wood it makes for a refined space.

Dear Lillie

In this room, I like the natural wood and paired with the soft blue wall and white bedding. The texture of the baskets and green side table give it warmth. The pop of red from the rug keeps it from being washed out.

Pops of coral come alive against the neutral paint color, bed and bedding. The dark wood chest, fresh flowers gold clock add balance. The patterned lamp echoes the pattern in the accent pillows.

best of the nest link party ~ november
Simple Details

White clapboard walls, canopy bed and the farmhouse style are what I love about this space. The modern reading lights and simple artwork add to the appeal.
Glamorous is not usually my style but I could be persuaded with a room like this. Beautiful gray walls, gold accents and an elegant dresser make for one beautiful space.

have always liked coastal style. The calm colors of the sea and mix of natural materials make for a calming and restful space.


I adore the warmth and pattern of reclaimed wood. It works well with simple bedding and pops of bold orange.

Wall of wood An accent wall of reclaimed floor boards softens this modern room and gives it cabin style. The rug, wall color, pillows, and bedding go perfectly with the color of the wood and keep the room feeling crisp and clean.
Living the Country Life

There are so many great design options to choose from I am not sure where to start. Whatever option I ultimately choose will be vastly different from what I have now. When, and if, I ever redo my space you will be the first to know.

Happy decorating.




Comments

Popular Posts