Want to up the function of your mudroom? Give some of these ideas a try.
1. Add space to hang coats and backpacks. You don't need a large mudroom to create a space for coats and bags. This room shows that even small spaces can be converted into well organized rooms.
|via Rusted Treasure|
2. If you have a crazy schedule like mine, finding a large enough space to display your family calendar, birthday invitations and notes from school is a challenge. Turn a wall into a real command center by mounting a galvanized metal sheet to the wall. Trim it out for a finished look.
|via 4 Men 1 Lady|
3. If your mudroom is also your laundry room then add touches to make your job more enjoyable. Add a statement light fixture, install cabinets for more storage and put your front loading washer/dryer on a platform to save your back. Alternatively, leave your front loaders on the ground and add a counter to the top for a great space to fold all that laundry.
4. Install a durable floor. Keep your mudroom (and the rest of your home looking great) by installing a hardworking durable floor for your mudroom. Choose ceramic or porcelain tile that is easy to clean and scratch resistant. Dark colored floors work well in concealing the dirt.
5. If you have a pet, or really messy kids, why not install a pet washing station? It is the perfect spot for cleaning off those muddy paws or cleats.
|via Live Simply by Annie|