Just because custom built-ins are not in your budget, doesn't mean you can't achieve a great look. Here are some great alternatives to custom built ins.
1. Install low cabinets and shelving. Paint the wall an accent color add interest and depth. Puck lights under the shelving show off your collectibles and add ambiance.
2. Fake built-ins with drywall and wood. Case out the front to add more detail. Lighting up the interior of the cubbies makes your decor shine.
|via United Fireplace and Stone|
3. Use floating shelves to create architectural interest. Hanging them in an offset pattern makes the display more interesting. Backing it with reclaimed wood adds depth and texture.
4. Use ready made cabinetry. Flanking the fireplace with store bought cabinets works just as well as built ins. Glass fronted cabinets mimic the look of built-ins and add style.
5. Get matching console tables. Hang mirrors above them, add lamps and other decor and you have a put together space.
Create a well styled space without breaking your budget. Any of these low cost options would be great additions to any space.