Kitchens of Italy

Hello everyone. In just a few short weeks, my family and I will be traveling to Italy. It will be the first time I and my children will have ever traveled outside the continent. I cannot tell you how excited I am! We have planned a whirlwind trip that includes stops in Rome, Florence, Venice, Positano and Cinque Terra. We won't be taking any tours rather, my husband (a very ardent planner), has created an itinerary for us that will take in many of the popular tourist destinations. While I am sure my children (currently 7 & 11) will not be as enthralled with Italy's rich history as my husband and I will be, I think that just being in a place so different from our own will be interest enough for them. Not to mention they will love the food!

Preparing for our trip got me to thinking about Italian life. Rather than staying in hotels, we have opted to rent apartments during the duration of our stay. We are looking forward to immersing ourselves in the neighborhoods of Italy and truly living the Italian life. 

Kitchens are the heart of the home no matter where you live. So, what do the kitchens in Italy look like? I have rounded up some great examples below. 

A HOME IN ITALY FACING THE ADRIATIC SEA | THE STYLE FILES
via The Style Files

via Remodelista

Rome Kitchen
via Architectural Digest


A Rustic Loft in Italy, from a Rising Design Star : Remodelista
via Remodelista


Allegra Hicks brings her signature bohemian chic style to an airy penthouse on the coast of Italy
via Architectural Digest

Ristorante Il Riccio | Anacapri, Italy Lovely use of #tile #pattern
via Stefano Scatta

Casa F/H designed by Studiomobile / San Donà di Piave, near Venice, Italy
via One Kind Design

I can't wait to share my pictures from Italy with you. There will be lots of great decorating ideas to bring back and use for inspiration.

Ciao!











Comments

Popular Posts