Murano Glass

Art glass sculpture in Murano
Murano Glass Gifts 

I am finally back from my two and a half week trip to Italy. I must say, it was an experience of a lifetime. A wonderful trip that I would recommend to anyone.

In addition to Rome and Florence, we also spent time in Positano, Cinque Terre and Venice. As a decorator, I was overwhelmed by all of the beautiful architecture and mosaic tile. Everywhere you look there is something beautiful to see.

While in Venice we took a boat over to Murano where the famous Murano glass factories are. I was in awe at all the different types of Murano glass from vases, to glassware to stunning art pieces and light fixtures.

This is the most common type of Murano glass. Beautifully colored with intricate designs.

murano glass Great Venice Souvenirs: Murano Glass
World Viator

However, there are some many other types that I never knew existed. I was awestruck by their beauty. Chandeliers made entirely of handblown glass, stunning sculptures and jewelry.

I have compiled some of my favorite lesser known Murano glass objects. Tell me which ones you like the most.


Grand Chandelier clear glass
Simone Cenedese

Comments

Popular Posts