Put Some Fun in Your Decorating

It is important to me when designing a space that, when complete, it looks polished but also comfortable. Beautifully decorated rooms, like those from a magazine, are great but if you walk in and feel like you can't sit down and put your feet up then I feel that I have failed in some way.

I received the best compliment I feel I could ever receive as a decorator after completing a client's basement remodel. The husband told me that when he wasn't feeling well he loved to come down there and relax in front of the t.v. I can't think of anything better as a decorator than hearing that the client feels relaxed and comfortable in the space. It is also a space they love to entertain in. A win/win for me.

Part of making a space feel comfortable is adding what I call "fun" touches to a space. Accents that keep it down to earth and feeling like home. Placed on a bookshelf, coffee table or hung on the wall, decor that adds a little whimsy are, to me, what make a house a home.

Want to add some fun to your decor? Get inspired by some of these great finds.




Whimsical Home Decor


Comments

Popular Posts