Master Bedroom Makeover

A few days ago, I wrote about our quest to find the perfect mattress. What I didn't say was we decided to redo our entire master bedroom. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this process. It has been a long time since I have redecorated a room in my own home not to mention our master bedroom and I can't wait to share it with you over the next few weeks.

We have had the same furniture in our master bedroom for 20 years. It has moved with us from house to house. However, after so many moves, the screws that hold the bed frame together just weren't up to the task any more. Additionally, our dressers are rustic in style and while I could work with that, I really wanted something different. However, what really prompted the change was our selection of a new king size mattress. We currently have a queen so switching to a king means neither our bed frame nor our bedding would work anymore.  

I don't know about you but our bedroom is the last thing to get decorated. I have decorated the kids rooms, our guest room and our living spaces but I just never seem to get around to giving attention to our space. So, I finally decided it was time to change that. Having a restful, well decorated space to end the evening is something I am really looking forward to.

I unfortunately did not get a before photo of our bedroom however, I have some shots of when I set up my desk area.





This weekend we took down our bed to make way for our new mattress. We chose a split king with an adjustable base. I can't wait until I can watch t.v. comfortably and get a good nights rest. Here is are some photos of the process. There was quite a mess to clean up once we were done.







Our mattress set is scheduled to arrive tomorrow afternoon. The bed frame and furniture are due later this month.

One problem I encountered after purchasing our mattress was selecting sheets. Since we chose a split king we need two twin xl fitted sheets and one king flat sheet. This means I cannot purchase sheets that come in sets. Interestingly, this is not as easy as it may seem as most places sell sheets in sets. Additionally, we prefer standard size pillows so we will need three pillow cases rather than the standard two to fill in the extra width on the bed.

I have been on the hunt for sheets this week and will make my selection today. I have already purchased our new duvet cover and shams so I need to find sheets that coordinate with that.

Wish me luck! I will keep you updated on the progress of our makeover. Until then . . . Happy Decorating!

Comments

Popular Posts