Gorgeous Contemporary Kitchens

When I am working with a client, one of my goals is to push them slightly out of their comfort zone. I might suggest a backsplash that is a little edgy, a wall color that is outside the norm or a furniture arrangement that goes against convention.

It is rare then, that I am the one being pushed outside my comfort zone when it comes to design however, I am currently working on a project that is doing just that. One of my current projects is to flip a high rise condo in the city. It has amazing views of Lake Michigan and is a gorgeous space. Since this is a flip, my general rule of thumb is to go transitional in the design. 

Transitional is a mix of traditional and modern and generally appeals to most buyers. However, the developer on this project wants to go contemporary. While I appreciate contemporary design, I would not say it is something I would usually do in my own home. In the process of trying to come up with a design plan, I have begun to rethink the whole idea of contemporary. I am drawn to its clean lines and uncluttered look. This is especially true for kitchens. Clean lines and simple uncluttered aesthetic are very appealing in a kitchen where things can get chaotic.

Here are some beautiful examples of modern kitchens that show that less really can be more.



46 Marvelous Designs of Masculine Kitchen
via Architecture Art Designs

Contemporary kitchen ideas | interior design, home decor, luxury kitchen, luxe. More ideas at http://homedecorideas.eu/:
via Architecture Art Designs

via Apartment Therapy

via Chelsea Atelier Architect, PC

Contemporary Kitchen. Contemporary Industrial Kitchen Design. #ContemporaryKitchen #IndustrialKitchen #MasculineKitchen:
via Home Bunch

Ikea cabinets were customized with Semihandmade doors. White quartz countertops fabricated locally by Colucci Tile & Marble wrap the working...:
via Jason Snyder

What do you think? Do you love or hate these contemporary spaces? Let me know, I would love to here from you.

Happy decorating!







Comments

Popular Posts