Hidden in Plain Sight

I am always on the lookout for great ways to add storage to my home. I am currently on a kick to get organized this year. I am one of those people who cannot relax when there is clutter around. Every time I look around my house I think of ways to better organize my space to clear the clutter and restore order.

As luck would have it, there is not much in the way of storage space in my home. There is no entry closet, no coat closet and no mudroom. My kitchen is beyond small, as is every other room on my main floor. While I would love to expand my home and built closets galore, that just isn't in the cards right now. So, I just have to find clever storage solutions that hide the clutter and don't add to it.

One way to do that is with hidden storage. Hidden storage can be coffee tables that open to allow items to be stored and closed to hide them away and other like furniture pieces that serve more than one function. But, there are many other ways to hide that clutter in plain sight.

Hide keys in your entry way behind pictures on hinges.


Hidden space behind a picture, http://hative.com/clever-hidden-storage-ideas/:
via Planq Studio

Expand the storage in your bathroom with a medicine cabinet like this.

17 Secret Hiding Places That Will Fool Even the Smartest Burglar:
via Architecture and Design

Add a hinged panel on the end of your cabinets for notes, keys, pens and papers.

Hidden storage at end of cabinets.:
via Southern Hospitality

Mount a wall hung desk for crafts or work.

via Bit + Co.



Use the space between the studs to create a hidden cabinet.


100 Cheap DIY Upgrades for Under $100 Each. (2014, September 30). Retrieved January 30, 2015, from http://www.choicehomewarranty.com/blog/100-cheap-diy-upgrades-100/:
via Shanty 2 Chic

Hide a workspace in a closet.

via Apartment Therapy

Use bins to conceal clutter.

DIY Chalkboard Toy Bin Labels- Perfect for keeping your living space organized when living with kids.:
via Balancing Home

Happy decluttering!

Comments

Popular Posts