Winter Decorating

Shortly after the New Year I took down all our Christmas decorations. On the one hand I am sad the holidays are over but, on the other, I won't miss the clutter the decorations cause. Despite loving the uncluttered feel of my home, it does start to feel a little bare after a few weeks.

Then I got to thinking. Just because the holidays are over doesn't mean you can't continue to decorate (sparingly, of course) for the winter. Here are some great ideas I may try.

Paper covered coffee tins dressed up with pinecones and branches are cozy and evoke the snow covered trees outside my window.

Oh man.. I’m putting this post up before Christmas because there is always a BIG question after opening up all the presents Christmas day & after the Christmas tree comes down, how do I decorate my house for winter?! Of course I will be showing you how I decorate at our house for winter here …:
via Liz Marie

Place a tray on your coffee table outfitted with silver candlesticks, simple flowers and jars covered in knitted cozies for a warm and inviting display

via Digs Digs

Add a cozy table runner by sewing hexagonal shaped felt together in warm cozy hues.


First DIY project in our new apartment will be this rug.
via Apartment Therapy

A twig wreath sprayed white and hung with a pretty ribbon and adorned with a white bird adds texture and interest to a door or window.

Winter Twig Wreath
via Thistlewood Farm

A few simple elements such as the snow shoes, miniature pine trees and cozy throw invoke a subtle but effective feeling of winter in this entry.

A little winter foyer fun:
via The Picket Fence Projects

Pom pom garland a kitty piece of art and some black and white photos make a fun and cozy winter mantle display.

A simple winter mantel display using wintery photos of kids! Get those photos printed and on display this season!:
via Landeelt

Warm up your bedroom with a chunky knit throw, matching pillows and a basket of birch wood.

Make your bed right when you get up. Fold your clothes and put them away right when the laundry’s done. And do the dishes right after you eat. | 27 Life-Changing Habits All Twentysomethings Should Adopt:
via Buzzfeed

Dress up your bathroom cinnamon sticks glued around a candle. It will make your bathroom look and smell amazing.

b1d7713bf37133600aca2c196f531706
via Decor and Dine
Cozy up!





Comments

Popular Posts