Design Inspiration - Encaustic Tiles

We have been slowly but surely updating different areas of our home. Our master bedroom was the beginning (I know I need to update you on the progress of that!), then came my daughter's room which is nearing completion. 

The next on our radar is the master bathroom. It is small in size but I think with some creative choices it can be a knockout. Rather than going for the traditional tile floor, I have been crushing on encaustic tile. Encaustic tile is cement tile whose color does not come from glazing but rather, from different colors of clay. They have been around for centuries but are making a resurgence and come in both traditional and modern patterns.

Since encaustic tiles are make from natural materials they will patina over time and should not be cleaned with harsh chemicals. There are however, some porcelain options which require no maintenance and look great too.

Here are a few spaces that are inspiring me to go this route.


Bathroom with round mirrors, gray and white patterned encaustic tile floor, cement countertop designed by Sophie Burke, via @sarahsarna.:
via Sophie Burke

DIY Guest Bathroom transformation using encaustic cement tile:
via Jenna Sue Design

breathtaking in black and white – Greige Design:
via Greige Design

via Malibu Design-Build

via Granada Tile

I will share my design board tomorrow for my ideas for the master bath.

Be inspired!



Comments

Popular Posts