Inspiration Shopping in Europe

Hello everyone! I am back from a very long hiatus. I recently returned from a two week trip to Europe that included trips to Amsterdam, Bruges, Paris and London. While the majority of the trip was some much needed R & R, I will admit that I did do some inspiration shopping while there.

I just can't help myself when I am in a new destination to see what is hot in their neck of the woods. I thought would share a few of my favorites.

I spied these beautiful handmade tiles in Amsterdam.


I also found some quirky but fun gnomes in Bruges.



Simplicity always ranks high on my list. These potted plants show how grouping different varieties as well as using different pots and colors can make a bold and inviting impact.


Paris, as one would expect, had some amazing finds. This soap store was chock full of them. From soaps displayed under cloches (which you lifted and inhaled the scent from the cloche) to displaying soaps in glass terrariums. I would love to do this in my bathroom.




I found some amazing light fixtures as well. The globe fixtures were my favorite, but cage style lighting and oversized pendants were trending.









Pendants from paper and fabric were great finds as well.



Fun cabinet hardware and oil cloth rugs in an outstanding array of colors and patterns are something I would love to incorporate in one of my designs.



Inspiration was everywhere. The kitchen where my children took a cooking class in Paris was both modern and french country. This metal buffet made me swoon.



The kids had an awesome time.




I find inspiration everywhere. How about you? Where do you look for inspiration?

Happy decorating!

















Comments

Popular Posts